- Find a Plan
Find a Doctor
- Doctors, Hospitals, and Ancillary Providers
- Urgent Care Centers and Retail Health Clinics
- Vision Providers
- Dental Providers
- Participating Pharmacies
- Outpatient Laboratory Providers
- Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Provider Quality Information
- Blue Distinction Centers
- BlueCard Worldwide
- Physician Credentialing
- Member Resources
- Health Insurance 360
Provider Quality Information
Online Quality Resources
The following provider quality reporting features are available through our online Find a Doctor tool to assist you in making informed decisions about your provider options.
- Physician Quality Measures. Review scores, benchmarks, and ratings for up to 11 quality measures in six categories that are displayed for network primary care offices. Learn more about Physician Quality Measures.
- Blue Physician Recognition. View icons for network primary care offices that have earned overall scores (i.e., percentile rank within specialty) in the Top 25th Percentile of the Quality Performance Measure Score Program. Additional information about this program is provided below.
- Patient Experience Reviews for Professional Providers and Facilities. Read member-submitted experience reviews for network professional providers and facilities. Note: These reviews can only be submitted by members who log on through our secure member website. A comprehensive process is in place to moderate all submitted reviews for inappropriate content or language and to verify that the member had a visit with the provider within the past six months. Non-members and providers can read the reviews but cannot write them.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home. View practices that are recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for delivering care that is personalized, coordinated, and efficient. Learn more about Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
Independence Blue Cross also makes facility quality information available to members through agreements with:
- The Pennsylvania Health Care Quality Alliance (PHCQA) — This coalition of Pennsylvania health care providers and insurers allows you to review a variety of health care quality measures on all of the general acute care hospitals in Pennsylvania. You can visit their website at www.pahealthcarequality.org.
- WebMD® — This leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical information offers in-depth health-related news, features, and reference material. Members can access WebMD information through our secure member portal ibxpress.com.
IBC Quality Performance Measure Score Program
IBC’s Quality Performance Measure (QPM) Score Program recognizes network primary care practices with the highest overall quality rating. Learn more about how QPM quality measures are scored.
We look at:
- childhood immunization;
- cancer screenings;
- diabetes care;
- heart care;
- asthma care;
- well-child visits;
- COPD care;
- arthritis care;
- osteoporosis management.
WebMD is an independent company offering online health information and wellness education to Independence Blue Cross members.