Standalone dental plansFor small businesses
You have the option to add standalone dental coverage to your medical benefits. Our comprehensive, affordable family and adult dental plan options, administered by United Concordia Companies, Inc., offer great benefits and savings.
All Blue Solutions medical plans cover in-network dental benefits for children up to age 19. These health plans don’t cover cosmetic orthodontia1 or out-of-network services, which many children may need.
Advantages of our Family PPO dental plans
Our standalone Family PPO dental plans offer access to the extensive United Concordia Advantage network, cover preventive care at 100 percent — including exams, cleanings, and X-rays — and feature in-and out-of-network benefits:
- Coverage for basic and major dental services for children and adults (no waiting periods and no referrals required)
- Out-of-network pediatric dental benefits give members access to more providers
- Deluxe PPO Family plan offers a level of cosmetic pediatric orthodontia coverage to help members save on out-of-pocket expenses 2
- Members with high-deductible health plans can access benefits for pediatric basic, major, and orthodontia services right away, without reaching their medical deductible
- Our Premier and Deluxe Family PPO plans feature a Preventive Incentive, which encourages members to get preventive care. The amount the plan pays for preventive services is not subtracted from the plan’s annual maximum.3 This allows them to apply more costly covered dental services — such as fillings, root canals, crowns, and denture repairs — to the annual maximum.
Learn more about our adult and family dental benefits starting on page 30 of our Blue Solutions® brochure.