Improving care in every community
Independence is a leader in driving value-based health care through our Facilitated Health Networks, which is a results-driven, innovative approach to:
- Engage doctors and hospitals in financial arrangements that drive shared accountability
- Enable providers with powerful payor-provider data-sharing to more effectively coordinate, manage, and monitor patient care
- Empower doctors with practice-specific programs and support
Health value optimization
Independence has optimized our medical management savings to ensure members receive high-quality health care in the safest setting. As a result, we are:
- Driving evidence-based care
- Reducing the number of unnecessary procedures and related costs from potential complications
- Embedding pharmacy benefits with medical benefits to provide the safest, most appropriate care
Nationwide network access
Through our broad portfolio of network solutions, Independence and the Blues offer a full continuum of data-driven national network solutions to help you improve health care quality and lower costs for your organization and employees.
- Blue Distinction® Centers for Specialty Care recognizes providers with lower readmissions and complications, and greater savings per episode for high-cost surgeries and care.
- Total Care® unites value-based care programs from the Blues nationwide that improve wellness, prevention, and chronic condition management.
- High Performance Networks® include providers who consistently deliver higher quality care and lower total costs through care that is patient-centered, evidence-based, and transparent in outcome measures.