Personal Choice® EPO Catastrophic plan
A catastrophic insurance plan is for individuals under 30 and those with an extreme financial hardship. Catastrophic coverage protects you from the costs of worst-case scenarios, providing coverage for hospitalization or serious illnesses.
Ready to get started?
Compare plans and enroll in health insurance.
Is a catastrophic health plan the best option for you?
A catastrophic health insurance plan from Independence Blue Cross may be the best option if:
- You live in one of these five counties
- You’re under the age of 30
- You qualify for an exemption due to extreme financial hardship
- You’re young and healthy and need health coverage for “just-in-case” situations
- You qualify and you’re willing to pay a higher deductible for lower monthly payments
Personal Choice EPO Catastrophic — at a glance
|Personal Choice EPO Catastrophic|
|Primary care physician visit||Visits 1-3: $50 no deductible
Visits 4+: 0% after deductible
|Specialist visit||0% after deductible|
|Inpatient hospital||0% after deductible|
|Generic prescription drugs||0% after deductible (integrated with medical deductible)|
Like all Independence Blue Cross health plans, the catastrophic health insurance plan1 includes the 10 Essential Health Benefits. Individuals will have to reach a deductible of $8,550 before they receive benefits for covered health care services, while families will need to pay a deductible of $17,100 before they receive benefits. If you select a catastrophic plan, you will get three primary care physician office visits each year which are not subject to these deductible amounts.
- Download an overview brochure of the Catastrophic health plan.
- Find out which health providers are available in this plan.
- Compare the Catastrophic health plan to our other health plans.
- Still have questions about the Catastrophic health plan? Call a licensed agent to learn more about your health options at 1-888-475-6206 (TTY:711).
- Ready to enroll? Apply now.
Review important information to get a better understanding of our individual and family health insurance policies and guidelines and the steps Independence Blue Cross takes to help you receive appropriate covered services.
1The Personal Choice Catastrophic plan does not have out-of-network coverage, except for emergency care services.