Personal Choice® EPO plans
With Personal Choice EPO plans from Independence Blue Cross, you can choose to see any doctor or visit any hospital in the Personal Choice network.
You’ll pay less when you choose doctors and hospitals in the Personal Choice network, and more if you choose to see doctors and hospitals out-of-network. You don’t need to get referrals, so you can see any specialist you want without needing permission from a primary care physician (PCP), or family doctor. You will also enjoy in-network coverage anywhere in the United States when you use providers who participate in the BlueCard® PPO network.
Is a Personal Choice EPO plan right for you?
An Independence Blue Cross Personal Choice EPO health plan may be the best option for you and your family if:
- You live in one of these five counties
- You would like in-network coverage across the country through BlueCard PPO
- You want the flexibility to pay less for medical costs when you choose in-network providers
- You would like access to one of the largest networks of providers in the Philadelphia region
- You want the freedom to see doctors and other health care specialists without a referral from a primary care physician
Personal Choice EPO plan options
|Personal Choice EPO Platinum||Personal Choice EPO Bronze Basic|
|Primary care physician visit||$15||Visits 1-3: $40 no deductible |
Visits 4+: 0% after deductible
|Specialist visit||$50||0% after deductible|
|Inpatient hospital||$300/day1||0% after deductible|
|Generic prescription drugs||$10||0% after deductible (integrated with medical deductible)|
- Find out which health providers are available in these plans
- Still have questions about the Personal Choice EPO health plans? Call a licensed agent to learn more about your health options at 1-888-475-6206 (TTY:711).
- Ready to enroll? Apply now.
Review important information to get a better understanding of our individual and family health insurance policies and guidelines and the steps Independence Blue Cross takes to help you receive appropriate covered services.
1 Amount shown reflects copay per day. There is a maximum of 5 copays per admission.