Health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) for small businesses
Health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) are personal accounts funded solely by an employer. Employer contributions are tax deductible for employers and generally excluded from an employee’s gross income.
Employers determine what medical expenses and services are eligible for reimbursement. HRAs allow employees to accumulate unused funds over consecutive benefit years for use when the funds are needed.
The BlueSaver℠ HRA
Our HRA product can be a good fit for your overall health care coverage strategy — whether the goal is to reduce premiums, ease the financial impact of an HDHP, or to encourage your employees to be more savvy health care consumers.
Our HRA offers options including:
- Full integration with the medical plan to enhance and simplify the member experience
- No pre-funding requirement, so you only pay for HRA expenses after they occur
- Easy enrollment based upon medical plan election, plus online account maintenance and reporting
- Automated medical and pharmacy claim payments from the HRA
- A no-cost, prescription-only debit card to make it easier for employees to pay at the pharmacy