Protecting your health is more than just taking care of your physical well-being. We’re also concerned with protecting our members’ financial health and security. You and your eligible family members may participate in two programs that can help you achieve your financial well-being goals: The College Tuition Benefit® and GradFin. Each value-added service eases the burden of paying for a higher education. They are available to you at no additional cost.
The College Tuition Benefit
The College Tuition Benefit1 reduces financial stress and provides a simple and effective way for you to send a child or loved one to college. You2 can earn SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards® Points to help offset the financial burden of a four-year undergraduate degree at SAGE Scholars network colleges and universities.
- When you sign up, you earn 2,000 Tuition Rewards Points annually.
- One Tuition Rewards Point is equal to a $1 minimum discount off the full price of tuition.
- In the fourth year, you receive a bonus of 2,500 Tuition Reward Points.3
- Each child you sponsor receives a one-time bonus of 500 Student Tuition Rewards Points.
- You can sponsor your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, stepchildren, and godchildren.4
Be sure to register the child by August 31 of the year they begin 12th grade. But don’t wait — the sooner you start to participate, the more Tuition Rewards Points you earn!
Log in to register a child today.
GradFin2 student loan debt reduction solutions can help you and your family find the best strategies to save for college and reduce your student loan debt.
- Student Loan Financial Education. You will learn about your options for reducing student loan debt during personal consultations, live webinars, and “town hall” meetings.
- Student Loan Refinancing. GradFin refinances and consolidates your student loan(s) through a lending platform made up of 11 lenders to maximize the chances for you being approved for a new loan and find the lowest rates.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. The PSLF keeps you compliant with federal loan forgiveness programs by enrolling your loans, verifying your employment, annually certifying your income-based repayment plan, and auditing your “qualified payments.” You and your family members can participate in this program if you or your family members are employed at a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- Bonus towards principal. GradFin provides a $100 bonus towards the loan principal when originating or refinancing loans through GradFin.
- PSLF pricing concession. If you’re employed at a 501(c)3 nonprofit, you can participate in the PSLF membership program for a flat rate of $100 per year, which is more than half the rate of a regular membership. Your family members may also take advantage of this offer.
- Dedicated loan consultants and scheduling. You have access to one-on-one consultations and dedicated consultants and appointments.
Visit goto.gradfin.com/ibx to sign up for a complimentary consultation and to learn about the services available to you.
1 Check your Member Benefit Booklet to see if your plan qualifies for The College Tuition Benefit.
2 This is a value-added program and not a benefit under an Independence health plan and is, therefore, subject to change without notice.
3 Subject to your initial and ongoing annual eligibility.
4 Subject to certain restrictions.
The Tuition Rewards program is provided by The College Tuition Benefit, an independent company. Neither The College Tuition Benefit nor SAGE Scholars, Inc. provide Blue Cross products or services.
GradFin, LLC., an independent company, is providing a student debt refinancing program to customers of Independence Blue Cross. GradFin, LLC does not provide Blue Cross products or services. This is a value-added program and not a benefit under an Independence health plan and is, therefore, subject to change without notice.