Build lasting behavior change
Contact us to learn more about Independence Worksite Well-being or to start a program today.
Create a High-performing Workforce With Worksite Well-being
Your employees are your company's greatest asset and their health can dramatically affect your workplace. By launching a well-being program, you can spark positive lifestyle change and create more engaged, productive, and healthier employees.
Build a Program Tailored to Your Needs
With Independence Worksite Well-being, you can create a customized well-being program that will get results with your employee population. With our self-guided program, you can choose from an extensive portfolio of seminars and videos, ready-made well-being challenges, operational wellness plans, assessments, toolkits, and communication templates to facilitate cultural transformations. You will also get direct access to recommended vendors for certain onsite services.
Why Should You Start a Well-being Program at Your Workplace?
A worksite well-being program can generate a competitive advantage for your company, including:
- Employee engagement and retention
- Greater productivity
- Higher morale
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved recruitment success
Additionally, it can strengthen your organization's culture and build employee pride, trust, and commitment. Investing in a well-being program is a strategic investment in both your company's present and future.
Studies have shown the importance of well-being support in the workplace:
- "Well-being and job performance increased and presenteeism and health risk decreased significantly over the 2 years (after a well-being intervention)." In addition "there is accumulating evidence that programs can address and impact individual and population well-being, as opposed to the more limited traditional goal of improving physical health."¹
- "The gap in previous literature and the importance of a more holistic approach … showed that well-being is a more important determinant of employee productivity than is the presence of a chronic disease." Furthermore, well-being "is aligned with the paradigm shift in which employees are considered 'human capital' and are thus of strategic importance to success in the marketplace rather than an expense to be managed."²
- People who enjoy a high level of well-being experience an overwhelming amount of positive emotion, optimism, and hope as well as mutually supportive relationships, purpose, and meaning. "Ample research findings suggest well-being is a powerful driver of both health outcomes and performance, acting as risk factor when in deficit and as a protective factor when in abundance."³
¹ Hamar B, Coberley C, Pope JE, Rula EY. Well-being improvement in a midsize employer: changes in well-being, productivity, health risk, and perceived employer support after implementation of a wellbeing improvement strategy. J Occup Environ Med. 2015; 57:367–373.
² Gandy WM, Coberley C, Pope JE, Rula EY. Well-being and employee health—how employees’ well-being scores interact with demographic factors to influence risk of hospitalization or an emergency room visit. Popul Health Manag. 2014;17:13–20.
³ Terry PE, Grossmeier J, Hudsmith N, et al. The Art of Health Promotion: The value issue. Am J Health Promot. 2015;29:TAHP-1–TAHP-12