By combining Independence Blue Cross medical and prescription drug benefits, we can help manage your employees’ total health care picture, all in one place. We apply a total cost-of-care perspective — and more timely and targeted outreach to your employees — which can lead to healthier outcomes, more productive employees, and a real means by which to help lower your total medical and prescription drug costs.
Our pharmacy benefit is administered by FutureScripts®, a part of one of the largest pharmacy benefit management (PBM) organizations in the country. This approach combines experience in the local nuances of health care delivery with the national knowledge and power of a very large PBM.
Our PBM services include:
- Innovative clinical programs
- Outstanding customer and member services
- Specialty drug management that is well coordinated between pharmacy and medical benefits
- Thorough monitoring and review of drug utilization
Our prescription drug program options make it cost effective and convenient for your employees to get medications to help them manage their health. They have access to:
- A large participating pharmacy network, with up to 68,000 retail pharmacies nationwide
- Mail order, which offers additional cost savings and convenience
- Preventive drugs for adults and children with no cost-sharing at in-network pharmacies
- A Specialty Pharmacy Program that delivers specialty medications directly to their home or doctor’s office, plus 24/7 support from a pharmacist
- Online tools including network pharmacy search, drug formulary search, drug pricing, and mail-order request and tracking
Choosing our integrated health care solution can help yield overall better outcomes, healthier and better informed employees, and lower costs to you — results that are not available in a carve-out PBM solution.
FutureScripts is an independent company providing pharmacy benefits management services for Independence Blue Cross.