Since 1991, Independence Blue Cross’s supplier diversity program has been creating opportunities for businesses to grow while promoting job creation and helping to stimulate the economy. Through the program, we build alliances with businesses that are owned and controlled by women, veterans, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community. We are proud to make a positive impact on these businesses and our community.
Products and services we use
Below is a partial list of the products and services Independence currently purchases.
Facility supplies and services
Audio and visual systems
- Equipment and supplies
- Marketing materials
- Promotional items and materials
- Temporary and contract labor
- Consulting services
Other products and services
- Fulfillment services
- Training and development programs and materials
- Advertising services and products
- Office equipment and supplies
How to become an Independence supplier
If your company is interested in working with Independence Blue Cross, we invite you to fill out our online supplier application.
Supplier diversity requirements
To be eligible to participate in Independence’s Supplier Diversity Program, a company must be certified as at least one of the following:
- Women-owned business
- Minority-owned business
To ensure that a firm is a bona fide women-owned, minority-owned, LGBT-owned or veteran-owned business, vendors must provide us with certification from one of the following agencies:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Other — certifications from additional city, state, or federal agencies may also apply.