- Find a Plan
- Find a Doctor
- IBX App
- IBX Wire
- Get Connected
- Manage Your Account
- Payment Options
- Health News
- Wellness and Member Perks
- Healthy Families and Kids
- Medical Policy
- Preventive Care Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Specialty Medical Benefit Drugs
- Precertification and Cost-Share Requirements
- Quality Management Program
- Transparency in Coverage
- Health Insurance Basics
We offer you several convenient ways to pay your health insurance bill.
- Mobile pay with the IBX app
- e-Bill at ibxpress.com
- Credit or debit card
- Personal check or money order
- Automatic withdrawal from your bank account
- Telephone at 1-888-879-4891
- Pay in person at Independence LIVE
Pay With the IBX App
The free IBX mobile app lets you pay your premium on the go with your Apple or Android smartphone. Each month you can view the amount due, enter your bank account or prepaid debit card information, and submit your payment. Just tap Member Services, and select Pay My Bill.
Pay Through e-Bill
Making your payments is simple with e-Bill. There’s no need to wait for a paper bill or spend money on postage to mail your payment. Beginning up to 15 days before your coverage effective date, you can pay your bill online directly from your bank account. You can also view your bill online, make one-time payments or set up recurring payments, and set up notifications so you know when a bill is due, your payment amount changes, and when the money is deducted from your account.
How to set up a one-time payment
- To make your first premium payment using e-Bill, log in to ibxpress.com and click Pay My Bill in the center of your screen. Enter your bill account number which can be found on your invoice. Click Payments and choose Payment Method List.
- Click the Add button to open the Add Bank Account window.
- Select Type of Account (Checking or Savings), complete the required fields, click OK, and click Verify.
How to set up recurring payments
You cannot set up a recurring payment when a new invoice is available, so if you have one that’s waiting for payment, you will need to first set up a one-time payment.
- Enter your bank account information by following the instructions for making a one-time payment.
- From the Payments tab, choose Recurring Payment List and click the Add button to open the Create Recurring Payment Arrangement window.
- Complete the required fields. You can schedule recurring payments up to 10 days before the due date and choose how long you want the payments to continue. Verify the information you entered and click Confirm.
Important: You must pay your bill by the due date or you will not be able to make a payment through e-Bill. You will need to choose one of the other payment options in order to pay a past-due bill.
Pay Your First Bill By Credit or Debit Card
We accept Amex, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa for prepaid debit or credit card payments. Credit cards are only accepted for the first month’s premium.
Pay By Personal Check or Money Order
Your bill includes a detachable payment slip with your billing account number and payment address. When paying with a check or money order, please remember to:
- Write the amount you are enclosing on the payment slip, and return it with your payment.
- Be sure the address shows through the return envelope window when mailing in your payment. If you lose your envelope, mail the payment to the address on your payment slip.
Set Up Automatic Payments Through Your Bank
You can use your bank’s online bill pay service to make one-time or recurring payments from your bank account. You need the following information for setup:
- Billing account number: Your billing account number is printed on your bill payment slip. It is different from your member ID number, which is printed on your ID card.
- Payment address: This address is printed at the bottom of your bill and on the payment slip.
Important: Set up a new biller using the new payment address on your invoice.
If you currently use your bank’s online bill pay service to pay your Independence Blue Cross bill and have changed plans, you must delete the current biller and set up a new biller with the new billing account number and payment address printed on your bill.
Pay With MoneyGram®
MoneyGram* payments can be made at CVS/pharmacy, Walmart, and many other locations. To make a payment, bring cash, the MoneyGram fee, and your account number. You will also need to provide a code to ensure that the payment is applied correctly: please use Receive Code 13438. To find a location near you, visit moneygram.com/locations or call 1-800-926-9400.
Pay By Telephone
To make a payment by phone using our automated system, please call 1-888-879-4891 (TTY: 711). We accept Automated Clearing House (ACH), along with Amex, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa prepaid debit and credit card payments for your initial premium payment. For ongoing payments, we accept ACH only. You can pay your bill by telephone if you are enrolled in medical, adult dental, or adult vision coverage. Have the following information available when you call:
- Member ID number (printed on your member ID card)
- Billing account number (included on your bill)
- Bank account number and bank routing number (included on your personal check) OR
- Prepaid Debit/Credit Card number (for initial payment)
Pay In Person at Independence LIVE
Visit Independence LIVE to make a payment. Independence Blue Cross representatives are also available to answer any questions you may have about your coverage. Bring the following information with you:
- Member ID number (printed on your member ID card)
- Billing account number (printed on your invoice)
- Bank account number and bank routing number (printed on your personal check)
1919 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Please note that the Walk-In Services Center at 1900 Market St. is now closed.
* Licensed as a Money Transmitter by the Banking Department of the State of New York. MoneyGram and the Globe are marks of MoneyGram. All other marks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. © 2014 MoneyGram.