- Find a Plan
- Find a Doctor
- IBX App
- IBX Wire
- Get Connected
- Manage Your Account
- Payment Options
- Health News
- Wellness and Member Perks
- Healthy Families and Kids
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical Policy
- Preventive Care Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Specialty Medical Benefit Drugs
- Precertification and Cost-Share Requirements
- Quality Management Program
- Transparency in Coverage
- Health Insurance Basics
View Your HSA Activity Anywhere
Download our free IBX app to view your HSA balance and transactions on your mobile device.
Read IRS guidelines for opening, funding, and using an HSA:
IRS Publication 969 — Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favored Health Plans
More HSA Questions?
Use the Ask IBX virtual assistant at ibxpress.com, or call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card.
Health Savings Account (HSA) Member Resources
How to Manage Your HSA
When you’re enrolled in an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) from Independence Blue Cross (Independence), you can pair it with an HSA to help you pay for certain health expenses today and grow your health care dollars to pay for future expenses.
If you have an HSA with Bank of America1 through Independence, take full advantage of convenient self-service tools at ibxpress.com for:
- Balance inquiries and transaction details
- Payments and reimbursements
- Account management
Read our HSA Quick Start Guide to learn more about managing your HSA.
HSA How-To Guides
Click the links below for step-by-step instructions to help you manage your HSA at ibxpress.com. All links open a PDF.
Manage Your Funds
- Qualified Medical Expenses
- Make Contributions to Your HSA
- Get Reimbursed from Your HSA
- Invest Your HSA Funds
Manage Your Account
- Set Up Direct Deposit
- Order Additional Debit Cards
- Add/Update Dependents
- Add/Update Beneficiaries
- Change Account Communication Preferences
View Account Activity & Tax Information
1. Bank of America is not affiliated with Independence Blue Cross. HSA funds are maintained in accounts under the custody of Bank of America, a separate company that does not offer Blue Cross and Blue Shield products or services.
Your ability to open an HSA with Bank of America is based on your health plan, your role as the plan's primary subscriber, and — for employer coverage — employer opt-in. If you do not see a link to open an HSA at ibxpress.com, you may not be able to open one through Independence.
Independence does not offer banking, investment, or financial services. This information is not intended to provide legal or tax advice. Please talk to your tax advisor about the tax implications of an HSA.