Independent Laboratory Providers

If you need blood work, a urine test, or other types of laboratory services, members who live in the service area1 will save the most money by visiting LabCorp®, the primary provider of laboratory services for Independence Blue Cross. If you have an HMO plan, you must visit the designated lab site your primary care physician refers you to.

Find a Lab Near You

Need to find a LabCorp site? Use the LabCorp Find-A-Lab tool to see a full list of the sites near you.

LabCorp Benefits

  • Make lab appointments online — Online appointment scheduling is available at all LabCorp sites. To schedule an appointment visit the LabCorp website.
  • Pay the lowest out-of-pocket costs — When you visit LabCorp for your lab work, you will pay the lowest out-of-pocket costs. Depending on your plan and the service, it may even be covered 100 percent.
  • Enhanced test menu and a commitment to scientific innovation — A broad test menu and specialized laboratories offer you single-source laboratory services. LabCorp’s scientific team continually reviews relevant and/or cutting-edge diagnostic technology to provide physicians and patients with the most scientifically advanced testing in the industry.

1 Members outside the Philadelphia 5-county area and contiguous counties can use the provider finder to find a freestanding lab provider.

LabCorp is a third party vendor, contracted to provide laboratory services for Independence Blue Cross.