Independence Blue Cross (Independence) is committed to protecting the privacy of our members’ personal health information. Part of that commitment is complying with the Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), which requires us to take additional measures to protect personal information and to inform our members about those measures.
Notice of privacy practices
Describes how Independence may use and disclose a member’s personal health information and how a member of an Independence health plan can get access to this information.
- For Independence health plan members (including: Keystone Health Plan East, Personal Choice, Traditional Indemnity)
- For Federal Employee Service Benefits Plan members
- Long Term Care Program members
- Authorization Form — to be used by members to authorize Independence to release member health information.
- Personal Representative Form — to be used by members who wish to appoint another person as member’s personal representative.
HIPAA privacy forms
General HIPAA Information
HIPAA Transactions for Providers
For information about HIPAA compliant transactions, visit the Provider Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) section.
If you have questions or comments regarding HIPAA, please contact: