- Find a Plan
- Find a Doctor
- IBX App
- IBX Wire
- Get Connected
- Manage Your Account
- Payment Options
- Health News
- Wellness and Member Perks
- Healthy Families and Kids
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Medical Policy
- Preventive Care Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Specialty Medical Benefit Drugs
- Precertification and Cost-Share Requirements
- Quality Management Program
- Transparency in Coverage
- Health Insurance Basics
Nutrition Counseling Schedule up to six visits annually at no cost to you*
Ditch the diets and learn how to eat right for life by visiting a food and nutrition expert (or your physician). These experts are called registered dietitians, and your Independence Blue Cross health insurance covers up to six visits a year at no cost to you.*
Eat Better: Feel Better
With better nutrition, your body functions better and has a greater ability to heal and strengthen itself. And one of the things you may notice as a result of your healthier food choices is weight loss.
Besides giving you a boost of self-esteem, shedding even a few pounds can also offer you the following benefits:
- Increased energy level
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduced blood pressure
- Decreased risk of heart disease and stroke
Make a Nutrition Counseling Appointment Today
Take advantage of your Nutrition Counseling benefit by simply scheduling an appointment with a participating registered dietitian, your primary care provider, or another network provider. With the help of your doctor or registered dietitian, you can assess your diet and set personal goals for better eating habits and weight management.
You can search for a participating registered dietitian using our online provider directory.
You may visit a non-network provider or non-participating registered dietitian for nutrition counseling. Please refer to your summary of benefits to see if you have coverage for out-of-network providers.
* Not all employers offer nutrition counseling visits as part of their benefits plans. Please contact Customer Service or your benefits administrator to determine if this benefit applies to your coverage.