- Find a Plan
Find a Doctor
- Doctors, Hospitals, and Ancillary Providers
- Urgent Care Centers and Retail Health Clinics
- Vision Providers
- Dental Providers
- Independent Radiology Providers
- Freestanding Laboratory Providers
- Freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Provider Quality Information
- Blue Distinction Centers
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core
- Physician Credentialing
- Member Resources
- Health Insurance Basics
Provider Quality Information
Online Quality Resources
The following provider quality reporting features are available through our online Find a Doctor/Hospital tool to assist you in making informed decisions about your provider options.
- Physician Quality Measures. Review scores, benchmarks, and ratings for up to 11 quality measures in six categories that are displayed for network primary care offices. Learn more about Physician Quality Measures.
- Blue Physician Recognition. View icons for network primary care offices that have earned overall scores (i.e., percentile rank within specialty) in the Top 25th Percentile of the Quality Performance Measure Score Program. Additional information about this program is provided below.
- Patient Experience Reviews for Professional Providers and Facilities. Read member-submitted experience reviews for network professional providers and facilities. Note: These reviews can only be submitted by members who log on through our secure member website. A comprehensive process is in place to moderate all submitted reviews for inappropriate content or language and to verify that the member had a visit with the provider within the past six months. Non-members and providers can read the reviews but cannot write them.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home. View practices that are recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for delivering care that is personalized, coordinated, and efficient. Learn more about Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) also makes facility quality information available to members through agreements with:
- The Pennsylvania Health Care Quality Alliance (PHCQA) — This coalition of Pennsylvania health care providers and insurers allows you to review a variety of health care quality measures on all of the general acute care hospitals in Pennsylvania. You can visit their website at www.pahealthcarequality.org.
- WebMD®¹ — This leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical information offers in-depth health-related news, features, and reference material. Members can access WebMD information through our secure member portal ibxpress.com.
Independence’s Quality Program
Independence’s Quality program recognizes network primary care practices with the highest overall quality rating. Learn more about how Quality measures are scored.
We look at:
- childhood and adolescent immunization;
- childhood and adolescent well visits
- cancer prevention in the areas of breast, cerivcal, and colorectal cancer screenings;
- heart care (beta-blocker treatment after a heart attack);
- asthma care (use of preferred medications for patients iwth chronic persistent asthma);
- diabetic care (HbA1ctesting, HbA1c control, LDL-C screening, eye exam rates, and nephropathy screening);
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease care (use of spirometry testing in assessing and diagnosing);
- rheumatoid arthritis care (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug therapy);
- fracture care (osteoporosis management in women);
- avoidance of antibiotic treatment in adults with acute bronchitis;
- appropriate testing for children with pharyngitis
- appropriate treatment for children with upper respiratory infection
Provider Value-Based Performance Programs
Independence offers our providers a variety of programs that incentivize high quality and cost-effective care. These programs are congruent with our strategy of augmenting patient-centered care. Learn more about our value-based performance programs.
¹WebMD is an independent company offering online health information and wellness education to Independence members.