Independence Blue Cross believes as you do — whether you are a physician, hospital, administrator, or other health care professional — that quality care and prevention are vital to the long-term health and well-being of your patients.
Under the current law, a number of preventive services must now be offered without a copayment, coinsurance, or deductibles, including (but not limited to):
These screenings are covered under the new law without copay, coinsurance, or deductible:
- Cancer screenings of the breast, cervix, and colon
- Screening for vitamin deficiencies during pregnancy, such as anemia
- Screenings for diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure
These vaccinations are considered routine for use on children, adolescents, and adults, and are covered: CDC List of Routine Vaccinations
- Regular pediatrician visits
- Pediatric vision and hearing screening
- Developmental assessments for young children
- Screening and counseling to address childhood obesity
- For adult women, additional preventive care services are to be offered and are under revision by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
For commercial and Medicare Advantage HMO members whose benefits for preventive services are not changing, the capitation rates currently in effect will continue to be paid for these members.