Pharmacy and Vision
Blue Solutions® medical plans include coverage for prescription drugs in addition to enhanced vision benefits for adults age 19 and older.
Our prescription drug benefits, administered by FutureScripts® 1, give your employees access to:
- A large participating pharmacy network, with up to 68,000 retail pharmacies nationwide2
- Mail order, which offers additional cost savings and convenience
- Specialty pharmacy cost-sharing with 24/7 phone and mobile support
- Lower-cost generic drugs3
- Online tools including network pharmacy search, drug formulary search, price comparison information, and mail-order request and tracking
Our enhanced adult vision benefits, administered by Davis Vision, cover one in-network eye exam in full per year at no cost at participating providers. In-network benefits include:
- Access to more than 40,000 ophthalmologists, optometrists, and regional and national eyewear retailers in the Davis Vision network
- A vision allowance at any in-network location, with a richer benefit for eyeglasses at Visionworks5 locations
- The choice of any frame from the Davis Vision4 Exclusive Frame Collection, with an unconditional one-year breakage warranty for repair or replacement
- Replacement contact lenses or solution anywhere on the same day, with guaranteed low prices
- Discount on laser vision correction at participating providers
1 FutureScripts in an independent company providing pharmacy benefits management services for Independence Blue Cross.
2 The FutureScripts Preferred Pharmacy network, which includes more than 50,000 retail pharmacies, is included in Silver and Bronze plans and Keystone HMO Proactive plans only.
3 The Mandatory Generic program is included in Silver and Bronze plans and Keystone HMO Proactive plans only.
4 Independence Blue Cross vision benefits are administered by Davis Vision, an independent company.
5 An affiliate of Independence Blue Cross has a financial interest in Visionworks.