Make us part of the equation
K–12, Colleges, and Universities
For nearly 80 years, Independence Blue Cross has been the health insurer of choice for school districts in southeastern Pennsylvania, covering employees in public, private, and parochial K–12 schools as well as the majority of our region’s colleges and universities.
We are proud to share a common bond of local presence and a commitment to the advancing the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Flexible, innovative plan options
We meet the unique needs of educational institutions by offering a choice of plan options ranging from high-deductible plans to copay and coinsurance plans.
And because removing barriers to services and health care providers is essential to improving health outcomes, we offer benefit plans that empower members to make more informed decisions, drive greater quality, and help reduce cost.
Improving quality and reducing costs
Through targeted investments, partnering with other visionary leaders, and establishing our own Center for Health Care Innovation, we are working to solve health care challenges related to quality, affordability, and the overall patient experience:
- We are working with leading predictive modeling technology that will improve our ability to identify gaps in care and to target people who are at risk for developing complications of chronic conditions.
- We’ve joined forces with a leading research team from the University of Pennsylvania and Fox Chase Cancer Center to gather the evidence needed to make genomic testing part of mainstream cancer treatment.
Empowering members to take control of their health
We’re committed to delivering powerful and innovative programs, services, and benefits to our members, wherever and whenever they need them:
- Members have access to easy-to-use online and mobile tools that allow them to find and compare providers, estimate care costs, track claims and spending, get help to manage chronic conditions, and more.
- Through our comprehensive health and wellness programs, we provide incentives and rewards for smart lifestyle choices and offer individualized solutions and information for health issues to help members get and stay healthy.
Supporting our local community
Our roots in the greater Philadelphia region are strong, and like the educational institutions we serve, we are committed to building healthier, more engaged communities:
- We offer the best and brightest high school and college students the chance to gain practical training and invaluable on-the-job experience in their area of concentration through our internship programs.
- We actively support organizations like the United Way and the Urban League to help drive positive change in our local community.
- We proudly sponsor initiatives and events that encourage individuals and families to live a more active lifestyle — including the Indego bike share program, the Blue Cross Broad Street Run, and National Walk @ Lunch Day — and support organizations like the United Way and the Urban League to help drive positive change.
Talk to your broker, consultant, or Independence Blue Cross account executive to learn more about our solutions for educational institutions.