MedigapFreedom health plans
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) offers affordable Medicare Supplement plans (also known as Medigap) in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties.
Our Pennsylvania Medicare supplement plans are called MedigapFreedom. MedigapFreedom plans combine the benefits of Original Medicare with the features of a traditional, fee-for-service health plan.
With a MedigapFreedom plan:
- Members can visit any doctor that accepts Original Medicare
- There is no need to select a primary care physician
- No referrals are required
- There are virtually no claim forms
Additional MedigapFreedom benefits
Healthy Lifestyles Solutions
Our Healthy Lifestyles Solutions reimbursements offer you up to $150 each for the following:
- Membership fees for approved fitness programs
- An approved weight management program
- Approved programs to help you quit tobacco
MedigapFreedom members can take advantage of the following value-added services through the TruHearing Choice Discount program:
- Rates up to 30 to 60 percent lower than retail
- 60-day trial period to exchange or return hearing aids — restocking fee may apply
- Unlimited hearing aid fittings and evaluations every year
- Three-year extended manufacturer repair warranty for loss or irreparable damage
- 100+ hearing aids to choose from — 80 free batteries per aid
- Convenient providers near you — 7,000 TruHearing providers
Davis Vision discount programs*
MedigapFreedom members can take advantage of the following value-added services through the Davis Vision Discount program:
- 15% off routine eye exams
- 35% off eyeglass frames** (retail price)
- Discounts on spectacle lenses and lens options**
- 15% off contact lenses (in lieu of eyeglasses)
- 20% off non-prescription sunglasses
- Up to 30% additional pairs of eyeglasses
*Additional discounts are not applicable at Costco, Sam’s Club, and Walmart locations, or where limited by law or manufacturer restrictions.
**Special lens designs, materials, powers and frames may require additional cost.
Our plan comparison will provide you with some of the benefits offered and our plan premiums.
Website last updated: 3/23/2023