The Independence Blue Cross (“IBC”) social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, Walk the Talk blog) allow IBC to share up-to-date information important to our members, brokers, vendors, providers, and the public (“Visitors”). All content and information, including comments, photographs, statements and opinions (“Materials”) posted by Visitors on IBC’s social media sites do not reflect the opinions, policies and/or ideas of IBC and/or its employees, officers, and directors. IBC accepts no responsibility for the Materials posted by Visitors, and IBC does not endorse the Materials.
Visitors should not post, upload or attach Materials or files:
- which are threatening, defamatory, pornographic, intimidating, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, indecent, misleading, and or harassing;
- which infringe and/or violate the copyright or intellectual property rights of a third party or person;
- which are spam or advertise or offer to sell personal goods, products and/or services;
- which are part of a survey, contest, lottery, sweepstakes or chain letters;
- which are unlawful, illegal, and/or do not comply with the law;
- which contain viruses, worms or corrupted files; and
- which contain personal health information, financial and/or other private information of any other person or entity.
IBC regularly monitors Visitor postings on its social media sites. IBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove at any time any Materials or files posted by Visitors that it deems inappropriate.
The information provided by IBC on its social media sites:
- is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. Visitors should seek the advice of their physician with any questions regarding their medical condition or medical treatments;
- is provided as an accommodation only and not intended to be notice or publication as may be required under the law; and
- does not constitute a solicitation or offer to purchase insurance coverage.
IBC appreciates Visitor feedback. By posting Materials and files on IBC’s social media sites, Visitors’ understand that they are providing information voluntarily, with no expectation of compensation. IBC may use, modify, reproduce, and/or distribute these Materials and files for its own business purposes without payment and in accordance with applicable law.
If you do not feel comfortable posting directly to the Comments section of the social media sites, please feel free to email your post to us at email@example.com. Furthermore, we ask you to address personal customer service and support questions to the Ask IBX Team. You can find the answers to many questions about IBCs products and services at www.ibx.com.
External Link Disclaimer
Certain services/treatments referred to in other sites may not be covered under your benefit plan. Please refer to your benefit contract for complete details of the terms, limitations, and exclusions of your coverage.