Keystone HMO Proactive Plans
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) has two new tiered network plans that are included in the Blue Solutions suite of products:
- Keystone HMO Gold Proactive
- Keystone HMO Silver Proactive
How Keystone HMO Proactive Plans Work
Tiered network plans are new to our marketplace. IBC’s tiered network plan, Keystone HMO Proactive, works just like a typical HMO. Your employees can visit any doctor or hospital in the IBC network, and they must select a primary care physician to refer them to specialists. But with our Keystone HMO Proactive plans, your employees can save on out-of-pocket costs when they visit certain health care providers.
All HMO providers and hospitals are grouped into one of three tiers based on costs. While all of the doctors and hospitals in our network must meet high quality standards, some are able to offer the same services at a lower cost. And with nearly 50 percent of doctors and hospitals are in Tier 1 – Preferred, you have plenty of money saving choices.
See how our Keystone HMO Proactive Plans differ from standard HMO health plans
Employees Save More Money with Keystone HMO Proactive
Two of our most affordable plans, Keystone HMO Gold Proactive and Keystone HMO Silver Proactive will save your employees money while giving them the freedom to choose each time they receive care. Your employees will be able to:
- Save money on monthly premiums. Premiums are lower than our regular HMO plans in their respective tiers.
- Save money on out-of-pocket costs. When they choose Tier 1 – Preferred providers, they’ll save on out-of-pocket costs every time they receive care.
- Choose quality providers that offer the best value. All of the doctors and hospitals in our network must meet high quality standards; many offer the same services at a lower cost.
- Choose providers from any tier. Your employees will have the freedom to choose from any tier each and every time they receive care. So they can choose providers in Tier 1 – Preferred for some services, and providers from the other two tiers for other services.
- Pay the same cost for select services, no matter where they go. Some services cost the same in each tier, such as:
- preventive care
- emergency room
- emergency ambulance
- urgent care
- prescription drugs
- physical and occupational therapy
- pediatric dental and vision
- mental health
- outpatient lab/pathology
- routine radiology
Read the Keystone HMO Proactive Plans brochure for more information about our tiered network plans, a list of local hospitals organized by tier, and a benefits overview.