Learn how our prescription drug benefit uses safe prescribing procedures to allow you access to the drugs you need while also keeping you safe.
Prescription drug programs for groups with 2-50 employees
Promoting Better Health
Your Blue Solutions® medical benefits include IBC Prescription Drug coverage*. Your employees’ prescription drug benefit program, administered by FutureScripts®, an independent company, provides many advantages to help your employees easily and safely obtain the prescription drugs they need at an affordable cost.
Select Drug Program®
The IBC Select Drug Program uses a prescription drug formulary and includes all generic drugs and a defined list of brand drugs that have been chosen for their reported medical effectiveness, positive results, and value.
With this Program, your employees will have access to:
- Affordable prescription drug coverage. Employees get covered medicines like antibiotics, contraceptives, asthma inhalers, self-injectable drugs, and more.
- Generic medications. IBC’s $4 preferred generic drug benefit offers a lower copayment for certain preferred generic drugs, which are typically used to treat chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Extensive retail pharmacy network. Employees can choose from more than 65,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. Find a pharmacy within the FutureScripts® network** near you.
- Convenient mail order service. Employees receive an extended supply of their medication for a lower copay.
- Specialty Pharmacy Program. This program gives your employees easy and convenient access to specialty medications. Since specialty drugs require special handling, administration, and monitoring, these complex and costly medications may not be readily available at the local drug store. With the Specialty Pharmacy Program, the medications will be delivered to your employee’s home or to their physician’s office. In addition, your employees will have 24/7 access to our clinical staff who are available to answer any questions they may have about their specialty medications.
- Preventive drugs for adults and children. All IBC prescription drug programs include coverage for certain preventive medications without cost-sharing when received from an in-network pharmacy. This means that your employees won’t have to pay copays, coinsurance, or deductibles for certain preventive medications with a prescription from their doctor.
Easy and Convenient Online Services
Employees can log onto the member portal, ibxpress.com, and click Manage My Prescription Drugs to take advantage of features like:
- network pharmacy search;
- formulary search;
- claims information;
- mail-order refill requests.
* FutureScripts is an independent company providing pharmacy benefits management services for Independence Blue Cross.
** Certain prescription plans utilize the FutureScripts® Preferred Pharmacy Network — a subset of the national retail pharmacy network. It includes over 50,000 pharmacies, including most major chains and local pharmacies except Walgreens and Rite Aid.