Applications are now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Judging and Prizes
The IBX Game Changers Challenge, sponsored by Independence Blue Cross, is also supported by Wharton Entrepreneurial Programs, the Department of Public Health of the City of Philadelphia, Venturef0rth, and
Evaluation criteria include:
- Problem: Does the proposal addresses a significant problem fundamental to health in the Philadelphia region?
- Impact: How does the proposal affect the selected problem?
- Innovation and creativity: Is the proposal new and innovative?
- Practicality: Is the proposal feasible, cost-effective, affordable, sustainable, and scalable?
- Team: Do you have the right people to build a sustainable product or program?
Up to three winners will be selected after a round of in-person presentations and will be announced the week of July 30, 2012. Winners will receive:
- a $50,000 grant toward implementation of their proposal;
- an opportunity for the team to present their proposal to a panel of IBX decision-makers;
- business mentoring services from Wharton Entrepreneurial Programs;
- up to three months of desk space, business support, and advisory services at Venturef0rth, a health care-focused incubator in Philadelphia;
- a consulting session provided by ?What If! Innovation Partners for each winner to help them further build out their idea and maximize its impact.