- Provider News Center
- Policies & Guidelines
- Claims and Billing
- Tools and Resources
- Pharmacy Information
- Resources for Patient Management
- Contact Us
Complete an online registration form to register for NaviNet.
NaviNet Customer Care:
Existing NaviNet Users
Already signed up?
Visit the Registered Users web page for more information.
NaviNet® Provider Portal
Independence Blue Cross offers network providers a way to simplify health care administration through our NaviNet web portal.
NaviNet gives providers fast, secure, HIPAA-compliant access to provider and member information, and enables real-time transactions. Best of all, NaviNet is free and requires no additional software.
Information at Your Fingertips
- Eligibility and benefits. Determine a patient’s plan type, their primary care physician (HMO only), capitated sites (when applicable), coverage dates, copayments, etc., for local and out-of-area Blue Plan members.
- Claims data. Retrieve up to 18 months of historic claims data (including paid, denied, and in-process/pended claims).
- Clinical Alerts. Receive patient-specific preventive care reminders for due, or past due, services.
- Clinical Care Reports. Get a quick snapshot of the care that patients have received based on Independence-paid medical and prescription drug claims (professional and facility providers only).
- Authorization status. Review the status of inpatient, outpatient, and concurrent reviews.
- Referrals. Retrieve electronic referrals (within 365 days of the referral date).
- Statement of Remittance. Don’t wait to receive paper — review your EOB and Remittances online.
- Capitation rosters. Access up-to-date rosters of your assigned HMO members.
- Code inquiries. Perform code-to-English/English-to-code procedure and diagnosis code inquiries.
- Cash Management. Allows users to access a weekly summation of estimated payments and offsets by the health plan, as well as provide a summary of payments for the current six-month period.
- Claims Dashboard. Access to a comprehensive dashboard of all pended and finalized claims.
- Document Exchange. Document Exchange allows Independence Blue Cross to share more information electronically with our providers through NaviNet. NaviNet Security Office controls access to this transaction.
Submit Info Quickly Through NaviNet
- Authorization requests. Submit authorization requests for inpatient and outpatient procedures, home health care, home infusion care, and durable medical equipment. Edit admission dates or service dates for approved authorizations (when appropriate).
Note: This includes requests for extensions to approved authorizations, the addition of new services to already existing approved authorizations, and new services not associated with existing approved authorizations.
- Adjustments to claims. Submit claim review requests/claim investigations for finalized claims.
- Electronic payments. Easily submit a one-time application for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for claim payments.
- Referrals. Submit electronic referrals to Independence and to NaviNet-enabled specialists and facilities.
- Encounters. Report covered services performed by PCPs that are part of the PCP capitation arrangement with the plan (for use by PCPs only).
- Emergency admissions. Submit notification of emergency admissions (for use by hospitals only).
View detailed user guides for many of our NaviNet transactions.
What are the Requirements for NaviNet Portal Registration?
You must be an Independence-participating provider.
Technical requirements include:
- Windows 7 (or more recent) Microsoft operating system;
- Internet connection (high-speed recommended; minimum 56k dial-up speed);
- Internet Explorer 11 web browser on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, Mozilla Firefox (latest version), or Google Chrome (latest version).
How Can I Get NaviNet for My Office?
Just complete the online registration request form to register.
Contact our eBusiness Hotline at 215-640-7410 with questions regarding NaviNet.
NaviNet® is a registered trademark of NaviNet, Inc., an independent company.
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.