The Independence Blue Cross (“Independence”) social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, IBX Insights blog, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+) allow Independence to share up-to-date information important to our members, brokers, vendors, providers, and the public (“Visitors”). All content and information, including comments, photographs, statements and opinions (“Materials”) posted by Visitors on Independence’s social media sites do not reflect the opinions, policies and/or ideas of Independence and/or its employees, officers, and directors. Independence accepts no responsibility for the Materials posted by Visitors, and Independence does not endorse the Materials.
Visitors should not post, upload or attach Materials or files:
- which are threatening, defamatory, pornographic, intimidating, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, indecent, misleading, reptitive, and or harassing;
- which infringe and/or violate the copyright or intellectual property rights of a third party or person;
- which are spam or advertise or offer to sell personal goods, products, and/or services;
- which are part of a survey, contest, lottery, sweepstakes or chain letters;
- which are unlawful, illegal, and/or do not comply with the law;
- which contain viruses, worms or corrupted files; and
- which contain personal health information, financial and/or other private information of any other person or entity.
Independence regularly monitors Visitor postings on its social media sites. Independence reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove at any time any Materials or files posted by Visitors that it deems inappropriate. Violations of our posting policy, or of the policies of the social media sites where we have a presence may result in a Visitor being reported, banned, or blocked.
The information provided by Independence on its social media sites:
- is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. Visitors should seek the advice of their physician with any questions regarding their medical condition or medical treatments;
- is provided as an accommodation only and not intended to be notice or publication as may be required under the law.
Independence appreciates Visitor feedback. By posting Materials and files on Independence’s social media sites, Visitors understand that they are providing information voluntarily, with no expectation of compensation. Independence may use, modify, reproduce, and/or distribute these Materials and files for its own business purposes without payment and in accordance with applicable law.
If you do not feel comfortable posting directly to the Comments section of the social media sites, please feel free to email your post to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, we ask you to address personal customer service and support questions to the Ask IBX Team. You can find the answers to many questions about Independences products and services at www.ibx.com.
External Link Disclaimer
Certain services/treatments referred to in other sites may not be covered under your benefit plan. Please refer to your benefit contract for complete details of the terms, limitations, and exclusions of your coverage.