Awards and Recognition Independence Blue Cross Social Mission programs
Many local and national organizations have recognized the Independence Blue Cross signature Social Mission programs — the Charitable Medical Care Grant Program and the Nurse Scholars Program — for their efforts to address critical health care issues in southeastern Pennsylvania. Major awards and honors received include:
- Delaware Valley Community Health (DVCH), Inc. Heart of the Community Award;
- Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) Community Services Certificate of Appreciation for support of the Caring for Kids campaign;
- Philadelphia Business Journal’s Corporate Philanthropy Summit — Community Impact Award;
- IBC’s Social Mission programs recognized in the BCBSA Investing in America’s Health community report.
- Gwynedd-Mercy College President’s Leadership Award;
- Visiting Nurses Association Community Services’ Certificate of Appreciation for support of the Caring for Kids campaign;
- Philadelphia Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Summit — Community Impact Award.
- National Nursing Centers Consortium (NNCC) Health Care Access Award
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing's Corporate Citizen Award;
- USA Today article (Oct. 3, 2006), "Nursing schools short on teachers", that features the Nurse Scholars Program;
- Recognition from the PA Higher Education Nursing Schools during the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's meeting for Independence Blue Cross’s support of nursing education in the Commonwealth;
- America’s Health Insurance Plans Foundation Community Leadership Award.
- National League for Nursing's Award for Public Service;
- PA Higher Education Foundation (PHEF) established annual G. Fred DiBona Jr. Graduate Nursing Scholarship;
- Community Volunteers in Medicine (CVIM) Pillar Award;
- Delaware County Council Resolution.
- Philadelphia City Council Resolution;
- The National Nursing Centers Consortium's Public Health Award;
- Philadelphia Health Management Corporation Carl Moore Leadership Award;
- Creation of the National Nursing Centers Consortium's "G. Fred DiBona Excellence in Nursing Lecture Series."