Innovation at work
Take a look at how we’re leading change in healthcare.
Training & Innovation Challenges
- Innovation Training: In partnership with ?What If! Innovation, we have trained over 600 IBC employees in innovation techniques. These trainees are a corps of “innovation inventors” who demonstrate the behaviors and techniques of innovation within the company.
- Innovation Sessions: We host Innovation Sessions of cross-functional teams to create and implement solutions to specific issues. We have completed 39 sessions and are currently implementing 33 solutions including:
- The Live Fearless Game Show on the Independence Express — a fun and educational way for community members to learn about the effects of the Affordable Care Act
- Digicard — a tool that uses our membership card to better engage new members in the management of their health.
- DreamIt Health 2013 & 2014
- Philly Code Fest
- Startup Weekend Health
- IBX Game Changers Challenge
- Wharton Health Care Conference
- Alliance with University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Joint programs with the City of Philadelphia, Drexel, Wharton, and others
- Collaboration with regional leaders — including the Philadelphia Mayor’s office — to design a strategy to attract capital and other resources to the area
- Attracting HIT companies to the region
- Developing and retaining talent
- Opening the Center for Health Care Innovation