RT to Win Promotion
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The RT to Win (the “Sweepstakes”) entry period on Twitter begins on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and the last chance to enter ends on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. ET (the Twitter “Sweepstakes Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. There will be a total of six (6) weekly drawings conducted on Twitter during each Entry Period to award one weekly Prize from the Twitter eligible entries. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Independence Blue Cross, 1901 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (the “Sponsor”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other United States territories), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Twitter database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You must become a “follower” of Independence Blue Cross as part of the Entry. Retweet (RT) any Tweets that feature #IBXVision hashtag in the text. Only tweets by eligible followers that contain #IBXVision will be considered entries. Visit the Independence Blue Cross Twitter page at http://twitter.com/ibx to start following the account on Twitter. Winners will be selected at random and notified via Direct Message (DM) and asked to submit their contact information via email once contact has been made. Entrant must complete the email contact form with all required information and in the email, agree to the Official Rules and reply as directed in order for the entry to be eligible and to receive their prize.
Limit: enter as often as you like.
Entries made by any other individual other than the person named in the entry, or by any entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entry materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
4. ENTRY/DRAWING PERIODS: Weekly Twitter Prize: One (1) $100 pre-loaded Visionworks gift card. Approximate retail value of each prize $100. Total approximate retail value of all prizes $600. Each Gift Card must be redeemed by December 31, 2013 and some restrictions may apply, including, without limitation, a winner’s not being able to use the Gift Card to pay for eye exams or other services performed by an optometrist. Visionworks reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Entry starts at 12:00 p.m. ET on 12/19/12. Entry ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/21/12. Drawing date on or about 12/21/12.
- Entry starts at 12:00 p.m. ET on 12/22/12. Entry ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/28/12. Drawing date on or about 12/28/12.
- Entry starts at 12:00 p.m. ET on 12/29/12. Entry ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 1/4/13. Drawing date on or about 1/4/13.
- Entry starts at 12:00 p.m. ET on 1/5/13. Entry ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 1/11/13. Drawing date on or about 1/11/13.
- Entry starts at 12:00 p.m. ET on 1/12/13. Entry ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 1/18/13. Drawing date on or about 1/18/13.
- Entry starts at 12:00 p.m. ET on 1/19/13. Entry ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 1/25/13. Drawing date on or about 1/25/13.
5. RANDOM DRAWINGS will be conducted from all eligible entries received up to each drawing date schedule in Rule #4 above. The Sweepstakes and the drawings are conducted under the supervision of the Administrator. Potential prizewinners will be notified via their Twitter account through a Direct Message from www.twitter.com/ibx (@ibx). Sponsor and Administrator shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prizewinner does not respond within (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prizewinner, such potential prizewinner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinners may be selected.
6. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Only the prizes listed above will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received divided by the number of prizes available to be won.
All other incidental expenses not mentioned herein are the responsibility of the Winner, All taxes on prizes are the Winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent substitutions as necessary, due to circumstances not under its control.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes prizewinner’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use prizewinner’s entry materials, photograph, name, likeness, voice, biographical information (and those of any other individual appearing in the photo), statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, softwaregenerated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, Twitter, and the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, Twitter, and the Sweepstakes Entities from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and (vi) use of any prize.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Common Wealth of Pennsylvania (USA), (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Common Wealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Common Wealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Common Wealth of Pennsylvania.
*An affiliate of Independence Blue Cross has a financial interest in Visonworks.
©2012 Independence Blue Cross. All Rights Reserved. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.