Medicare Supplemental Coverage
MedigapSecurity Plan C is a Medicare supplement insurance (also known as “Medigap”) policy from Independence Blue Cross and Highmark Blue Shield that combines the benefits of Original Medicare and features of a traditional health plan. MedigapSecurity can help you pay expenses that Medicare doesn’t cover — such as the deductibles and coinsurance that you would be responsible for otherwise. MedigapSecurity does not cover prescription drugs. However, a separate School District of Philadelphia Medicare Prescription Drug plan (PDP) is available through the Select Option PDP drug plan for retirees and spouses not eligible for a union Medicare Drug Subsidy plan.
You can join MedigapSecurity if you are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. MedigapSecurity is available for group members that reside anywhere in the United States.
Features of MedigapSecurity
- freedom to seek care without a referral from any provider, nationwide, that accepts Medicare;
- no office visit copayments;
- virtually no claim forms;
- emergency coverage when traveling outside the U.S.;
- access to Healthy LifestylesSM wellness programs including Healthy Weight, Healthy You, Smoking Cessation, and Safety;
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage available with Select Option PDP for those ineligible for the Union drug subsidy.
Monthly Plan Premium
Monthly plan premium: $222.96 (rates subject to change periodically upon Pennsylvania Insurance Department approval)