Find a provider
Is your doctor in our network?
Search our Provider Directory.
Personal Choice® PPO
Important Note: Please note that these individual plans will be discontinued December 31, 2013 because they are not compliant with the health care law. To ensure you have coverage beginning January 1, 2014, you will need to enroll in one of our new health care law compliant 2014 plans by December 23, 2013.
About Personal Choice PPO
With Personal Choice, our Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan, you can receive care from any in-network or out-of-network provider without needing a referral. However, you will get the most out of your coverage and pay the least by accessing care through Personal Choice’s network of hospitals, doctors, and specialists.
Features of Personal Choice:
- freedom to seek care in network or out of network;*
- no need to select a primary care physician to coordinate care;
- members may visit specialists directly — no referrals required;
- more than 58,000 doctors and 100 hospitals in the Personal Choice network;
- no claim forms and no balance bills for the difference between the amount paid by IBC and the provider’s charges (for in-network care);
- Healthy LifestylesSM programs, including reimbursements for fitness, weight management, and tobacco cessation;
- ConnectionsSM Health Management Program to control and manage chronic conditions;
- enjoy in-network coverage anywhere in the U.S. when using providers who participate in the BlueCard® PPO network.
To compare costs for each of the plans, you can download the Personal Choice PPO Rate Sheet (effective March 1, 2013). Rates are based on the age of the oldest family member covered under the policy.
For more details about the Personal Choice PPO guaranteed enrollment plan, please call 1-800-ASK-BLUE (1-800-275-2583) or complete an online information request.
* Members who receive care from an out-of-network provider pay more for these services and may have to submit a claim for reimbursement.
Personal Choice PPO is available to residents of the following Pennsylvania counties only: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia.
For specific information on benefits, limitations, and exclusions, please refer to the applicable benefits materials.