Broccoli with Walnut and Herb Pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 cups (packed) basil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds broccoli, large stems discarded, cut into 4-inch-long florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 500°.
In a food processor, combine the garlic through lemon to a coarse paste. Add the oil and the Parmesan and process to a slightly smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the broccoli in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is browned and crisp-tender. Transfer the broccoli to a platter, drizzle the pesto on top, and serve.
- 4 servings (1 tablespoon pesto each)
- 127 calories
- 6 g protein
- 15 g carb
- 6 g fat
- .8 g sat fat