Learn how our prescription drug benefit uses safe prescribing procedures to allow you access to the drugs you need while also keeping you safe.
Prescription drug programs for groups with 51-99 employees
Want to help your employees stay healthy and better manage chronic conditions? Providing prescription drug coverage can help. When medications are more affordable, employees are likely to take them and keep their health in check.
With an IBC Prescription Drug Program, your employees will have access to:
- Affordable prescription drug coverage. Employees get covered medicines like antibiotics, contraceptives, asthma inhalers, self-injectable drugs, and more.
- Extensive retail pharmacy network. Employees can choose from more than 65,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. Find a pharmacy within the FutureScripts® network near you.
- Convenient mail order service. Employees receive an extended supply of their medication for a lower copay.
- Preventive drugs for adults and children. All IBC prescription drug programs include coverage for certain preventive medications without cost-sharing when received from an in-network pharmacy. This means that your employees wont have to pay copays, coinsurance, or deductibles for certain preventive medications with a prescription from their doctor.
- Specialty Pharmacy Program. This program gives your employees easy and convenient access to specialty medications. Since specialty drugs require special handling, administration, and monitoring, these complex and costly medications may not be readily available at the local drug store. With the Specialty Pharmacy Program, the medications will be delivered to your employee’s home or to their physician’s office. In addition, your employees will have 24/7 access to our clinical staff who are available to answer any questions they may have about your specialty medications.
Types of Prescription Plans
IBC offers two types of prescription drug programs:
- The Select Drug Program® uses a prescription drug formulary and provides coverage based on a three-tier copay.
- The Standard Drug option controls costs by offering generic medications at a much more affordable price, and brand-name medications are available at a significantly higher cost.
Select Drug Plan Options
(waived for generics)
Standard Drug Plan Options
|Brand2||50% of discounted price up to $125 (maximum member payment per prescription)||Discount available2|
Easy and Convenient Online Services
Employees can log onto the member portal, ibxpress.com, and click Manage My Prescription Drugs to take advantage of features like:
- network pharmacy search;
- formulary search;
- claims information;
- mail-order refill requests.
1 Deductible is applied per person per calendar year to all covered services purchased in network and out of network through a retail pharmacy or the mail order network.
2 Brand drugs vary in cost, and cost sharing is based on a discounted amount that was negotiated with the pharmacy.ug Program® options.