For groups with 100 or more employees
Vision Care Helps Detect More Serious Medical Conditions
Vision benefits help reduce your company’s overall health care spending and increase employee productivity.
- Eye exams can help detect more serious medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, or heart disease.
- 90 percent of people who use a computer three or more hours a day develop vision problems associated with computer eyestrain.1
- Employers gain as much as $7 for every $1 they spend on vision coverage, a 700 percent increase.2
Highlights of the IBC Vision Care program benefits and value-added services:
- eye exam, including refraction, glaucoma screening, and dilation;
- eyewear, including frames and/or contact lenses;
- complete pair of eyeglasses covered in full when choosing from the Davis Vision Collection of Frames;
- unconditional one-year breakage warranty for all plan covered eyeglasses (spectacle lenses, Davis Vision Collection frames and national retailers’ frames).
IBC Vision Care is administered by Davis Vision®, an independent company. The network includes more than 40,000 ophthalmologists, optometrists, and regional and national retailers, including Visionworks optical retail centers. Visionworks retail centers are conveniently located across the Philadelphia five-county area and surrounding states.
For more information about IBC Vision Care plans, contact your broker or sales associate. If you are not currently an IBC customer, please call 215-241-2263.
1 Vision Watch – The Vision Council Member Benefit Reports, The Vision Council & Jacobson, 12 ME September 2009
2 The Vision Council, Vision in Business, 2007
IBC Vision Care is administered by Davis Vision, an independent company.
An affiliate of Independence Blue Cross has a financial interest in Visionworks.