Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
Health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) are personal accounts funded solely by an employer. Employer contributions are tax deductible for employers and generally excluded from an employee’s gross income.
Employers determine what medical expenses and services are eligible for reimbursement. HRAs allow employees to accumulate unused funds over consecutive benefit years for use when the funds are needed.
The BlueSaver HRA offers employers flexibility and a wide range of options to align the HRA with your organization’s overall health care strategy.
Depending upon the size of your organization, our BlueSaver HRA offers many options including:
- Flexible coverage options including deductible, copay, and/or coinsurance, limited types of expenses1
- The ability to reimburse a percentage of each claim or to include an employee up-front out-of-pocket requirement before the HRA covers expenses
- Simplified billing with no pre-funding. You only pay for HRA expenses after they occur
- Easy enrollment based upon medical plan election
- Easy account maintenance and online reporting
- Automated claims rollover
- Direct payment to provider
- A prescription drug-only debit card
1 Because an HRA offers employer-owned funds, there is greater flexibility in what expenses are covered, provided they are considered qualified medical and dental expenses. Refer to IRS Publication 502 for a complete list of qualified medical and dental expenses.