Compare the three savings account options that can be paired with Consumerisn plans.
Determine your customers’ requirements. Download HRA Key Questions.*
Contributions and Distributions
Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
- HRAs are funded solely by the employer.
- Employer determines contribution amount.
- Employer determines the types of expenses to be reimbursed.
- Funds are available as long as individual remains with employer.
- Unused funds either roll over from year to year or are forfeited at year-end, based on employer's choice.
- An HRA can be used with any health plan (typically offered with a high deductible plan).
May be used for:
- qualified medical expenses;
- medical and prescription costs that count toward the plan deductible;
- copayments for doctor visits and prescriptions;
- any applicable coinsurance.
For a complete list of qualified eligible medical expenses, visit IRS.gov and search for “Pub 502.”
1 Not all variability is offered with small group BlueSaver HRA options. FSAs and HRAs are administered by AmeriHealth Administrators, Inc., an independent company.