Compare the three savings account options that can be paired with High Deductible Health Plans.
Determine your customers’ requirements. Download FSA Key Questions.
Contributions and Distributions
Flexible Savings Accounts (FSAs)1
- FSAs are funded by pre-tax contributions by an employee and/or employer (typically funded by employee only).
- Employer determines maximum contributions.
- Funds are available as long as individual remains with employer.
- Unused funds are forfeited at year-end.
- An FSA can be used with any health plan.
May be used for:
- qualified medical and prescription costs that count toward deductible;
- copayments for doctor visits and prescriptions;
- any applicable coinsurance.
For a complete list of qualified eligible medical expenses, visit IRS.gov and search for “Pub 502.”
1FSAs and HRAs are administered by AmeriHealth Administrators, Inc., an independent company.