Select Drug Program®
Prescription Plan for Groups
The Select Drug Program is a formulary–based program. The Select Drug Program formulary includes all generic drugs and a defined list of brand drugs that have been chosen for their reported medical effectiveness, positive results, and value.
The Select Drug Program formulary is designed to include all therapeutic categories and provide physicians with prescribing options. In addition, the formulary is reviewed periodically to add new drugs and to remove brand drugs when a generic equivalent becomes available.
Features of the Select Drug Program:
- There is no need to pre–select a pharmacy.
- More than 60,000 pharmacies nationwide participate in the FutureScripts® retail network, including the area’s largest retail chains.
- When member cost–sharing is coinsurance, the out–of–pocket cost is based on the FutureScripts–negotiated discount price at participating pharmacies, which is typically below average retail prices.
- No claims forms needed when participating pharmacies are used.
- Members can verify their eligibility at participating pharmacies online before they leave the house.
- Participating pharmacies can instantly check available drug history for possible drug interactions and other dangers.
If you are an existing customer, contact your broker or call 215–241–3400.
If you are not currently an IBC customer, please complete an online information request.
FutureScripts is an independent company and serves as Independence Blue Cross’s pharmacy benefits manager.