2015 health plans
Learn more about our vision coverage for enrolled dependents up to age 19.
IBC Adult Vision Care
For groups with 2-50 employees
The Clear Solution to Your Vision Care Needs
When your employees visit their vision provider, they are getting more than just their eyes checked. Eye exams can help detect more serious medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, or heart disease. Vision benefits could help reduce your company’s overall health care spending and increase employee productivity.
To help your employees maximize their coverage, we provide enhanced adult vision benefits in most of our Blue Solutions® plans.
IBC Vision Care is administered by Davis Vision®, an independent company. The network includes more than 40,000 ophthalmologists, optometrists, and regional and national retailers, including Visionworks1 optical retail centers.
Your employees can get an even richer benefit when visiting a Visionworks location, with a $150 frame allowance, while at other participating providers the frame allowance is $100. Visionworks and other providers provide a $100 contact lens allowance, as well as an annual routine eye exam at no cost.
Highlights of the IBC Vision Care program benefits and value-added services:
- Eye exam, including refraction, glaucoma screening, and dilation
- Eyewear, including frames and/or contact lenses
- Complete pair of eyeglasses covered in full when choosing from the Davis Collection of Frames
- Unconditional one-year breakage warranty for all plan-covered eyeglasses (spectacle lenses, Davis Vision Collection frames, and national retailers’ frames)
- Davis Vision Contacts replacement contact lens discount mail order program
- A discount on laser vision correction services at participating providers
- Online account management through ibxpress.com allows your employees to check eligibility, locate a participating provider, view the Davis Vision Collection of frames, and more
Contact Us For More Information
For more information about IBC Adult Vision Care plans, contact your Independence Blue Cross account executive or call 215-241-2263.
1 An affiliate of Independence Blue Cross has a financial interest in Visionworks.