IBC Vision Program
Supplemental plan for groups
All Independence Blue Cross vision programs are administered by Davis Vision (Davis), an independent company, and offer comprehensive vision care benefits.
Benefits of IBC Vision
- Eye exam, including refraction, glaucoma screenings, and dilation, as professionally indicated, is covered.*
- Eyeglasses, including spectacle lens and frames — members may receive a paid-in-full benefit for eyeglasses with standard lenses when choosing frames from the Davis Collection of Frames, which is a select group of frames available at most participating providers.
- Contact lenses are available in lieu of eyeglasses.
In addition to comprehensive benefits, members with IBC Vision can take advantage of the following value-added services:
- Warranty — Unconditional one-year breakage warranty to repair or replace frame or lens purchased at a participating provider. This warranty applies to all spectacle lenses, Davis Collection of Frames, and regional/national retailer frames when the Collection is not available.
- Replacement Contact Lenses — Through Lens123®, a free mail-order program, members may receive replacement contact lenses offered at guaranteed, discounted prices.
- Laser Vision Correction Services — Discount on laser vision correction services at Davis participating laser vision correction providers: up to 25 percent off the participating provider’s usual and customary fees or 5 percent off any participating provider’s advertised specials, whichever is less.
- Additional Eyewear Discount — Members selecting non-covered materials (i.e., second pair of eyeglasses, sunglasses, etc.) will receive up to a 20 percent courtesy discount and up to a 10 percent discount on disposable contacts at most participating providers.
If you are an existing customer, contact your broker or call 215-241-3400.
If you are not currently an IBC customer, please complete an online information request, or call:
- 215-241-2263 — Groups with 100 – 300 benefit-eligible employees
- 215-241-2260 — Groups with 300+ benefit-eligible employees and National Accounts
* HMO/POS members have coverage for eye exams under their medical plan and will be required to pay the specialist copayment under their HMO/POS medical plan.
Vision plan availability is based on group size and participation requirements.
For specific information on benefits, limitations, and exclusions please refer to the applicable benefits materials.