Independence Blue Cross Foundation Transforming health care through innovation
Independence Blue Cross Foundation, a charitable, private foundation, launched in October 2011, complements and expands upon Independence Blue Cross’s commitment to the health and well-being of our community in southeastern Pennsylvania. In keeping with the IBC Foundation’s mission to transform health care through innovation, the Foundation funds programs and initiatives that advance care for the uninsured and underinsured, enhance health care delivery, and improve community health and wellness.
The IBC Foundation embraces a set of core principles that drives our mission and vision:
- Thought Leadership – Act as the leading voice in addressing the greatest challenges facing health care system.
- Innovation – Redefine the health system to deliver quality, accessible, and affordable care to all.
- Collaboration – Work together with stakeholders to address the needs of the community.
- Engagement – Raise awareness and empower the community to take a more active role in their health care.
- Sustainability – Support the growth of a stronger and more viable health care system for future generation.
IBC Foundation accepts requests for funding from qualified non-profit organizations in the three program areas:
Blue Safety Net
This program aims to provide high quality care for everyone, regardless of insurance and income status. In order to help individuals who are unable to afford health care and the underinsured, the IBC Foundation awards Blue Safety Net grants to non-profit and privately fund clinics that provide free or nominal-fee care.
Nurses For Tomorrow
The IBC Foundation understands the critical and growing role that nurses play in improving the quality of health care. As stakeholders of our community, the IBC Foundation has developed the Nurses for Tomorrow initiative in an effort to strengthen the nursing workforce in our region and to support the advancement of our future nurses.
Building Healthy Communities
The IBC Foundation partners with programs and community leaders for the improvement of overall health and wellness in our community. Cognizant of the challenges of decreasing the incidence of childhood obesity, the IBC Foundation Healthy Futures Initiative, an invitation only program, addresses three critical components of child wellness: nutrition, fitness, and preventive health.