IBC Elves, Santa, to Deliver Gifts to Students at Isaac A. Sheppard Elementary School
‘Santa Day’ at the Isaac A. Sheppard School
- Nearly 300 students will receive individually selected, wrapped holiday gifts labeled with each of their names from Santa himself.
- Children in need at the school will be given new winter coats from a selection of hundreds donated by Independence Blue Cross employees.
- Each year, IBC provides Sheppard with a holiday gift. This year, IBC is giving the school a computer based software reading intervention program for second and third graders.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013, at 9 a.m.
Great visuals of children with Santa at 9:20 a.m.
Other visuals include:
- An interactive choir concert for the children by Independence Blue Cross’s Sounds of Independence.
- Daniel J. Hilferty, Independence Blue Cross president and CEO, will present the corporate gift to Principal Darleen Lomax Garrett, Isaac A. Sheppard School principal, at 9:15 a.m.
The auditorium of the Isaac A. Sheppard Elementary School
Howard and Cambria Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19133
(Street parking is available)
For more than 20 years, Independence Blue Cross has been a corporate sponsor of the Sheppard School — a 98 percent poverty-level school. Each year, Independence Blue Cross employees donate new holiday gifts and provide winter coats through their “Giving Tree” and “Lending Box” programs. Independence Blue Cross offers additional support to the Sheppard School through the Philadelphia Reads Power Partners, beautification projects, and other programs to provide the students with academic and social support.
About Independence Blue Cross
Proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2013, Independence Blue Cross is the leading health insurer in southeastern Pennsylvania serving more than seven million people nationwide, including 2.2 million in the region. We are enhancing the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve by delivering innovative and competitively priced health care products and services; pioneering new ways to reward doctors, hospitals, and other health care professionals for coordinated, quality care; and supporting programs and events that promote wellness. To learn more about how we are changing the game, visit www.ibx.com. Connect with us on Facebook at ibx.com/facebook and on Twitter at @ibx. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Independence Blue Cross