Independence Blue Cross teams up with Phillies, 76ers, Flyers, Union to enhance fan experience
New Home Team IBX website features original, team-specific content
Philadelphia, PA - September 23, 2013 - Independence Blue Cross is partnering with the Philadelphia Phillies, 76ers, Flyers, and Union to bring a unique experience to sports fans. Home Team IBX — Independence Blue Cross’ new website — delivers original, team-specific video interviews, promotions, and giveaways, and includes information about local Independence Blue Cross sponsored programs promoting health and wellness.
“As Philadelphia’s home town insurer, Independence Blue Cross is proud to offer innovative ways to reach and engage consumers through various media,” said John McClung, Independence Blue Cross vice president of Advertising and Creative Services. “We remain committed to enhancing the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve — and through Home Team IBX we can reach consumers where they are with a fun mix of sports and health information.”
On Home Team IBX, Philadelphia players give sports fans the inside scoop:
- Phillies outfielder Ben Revere reveals his favorite part of the game;
- Union captain Brian Carroll talks about Philly fans;
- 76ers forward Thaddeus Young contests his video game rating;
- Former Flyer Todd Fedoruk discusses NHL players competing in the Olympics.
In addition, fans get behind the scenes access to 76ers announcer Tom McGinnis through his blog, “Road Trip with Tom.” New player, coach, and broadcaster video content will be added regularly.
Home Team IBX features an easy-to-use registration option so fans can receive ongoing text notifications and alerts about their favorite home town teams. Registered users will also be eligible for team promotions, as well as merchandise and ticket giveaways. While these insider promotions are available to registered users only, the site is open to all visitors.
Here’s what Philadelphia’s sports teams are saying about Home Team IBX:
- “Philadelphia Union was founded on and has continuously been shaped by the wants and needs of our fans,” said Union CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz. “The information featured on Home Team IBX will further enhance the fan experience and we couldn’t be more proud to partner with Independence Blue Cross on this new venture.”
- “Philadelphia 76ers fans are incredibly passionate and this new venture with Independence Blue Cross and Home Team IBX will allow us to expand how we connect with the community and take fan interaction to another level” said Scott O’Neil, Sixers CEO.
The site also features links to download the Get Fit to Kick game app for mobile devices and IBX Mobile, the easy way to manage your health on the go for iPhone or Android devices. In addition, users can quickly access details related to Independence Blue Cross’s three annual signature events: National Walk @ Lunch Day, Blue Cross Broad Street Run, and Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes presented by Independence Blue Cross.
Home Team IBX is a free service. Registered participants will receive alerts up to two times per week. Standard message and data rates may apply based on a user’s mobile phone plan.
About Independence Blue Cross
Proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2013, Independence Blue Cross is the leading health insurer in southeastern Pennsylvania serving more than seven million people nationwide, including 2.2 million in the region. We are enhancing the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve by delivering innovative and competitively priced health care products and services; pioneering new ways to reward doctors, hospitals, and other health care professionals for coordinated, quality care; and supporting programs and events that promote wellness. To learn more about how we’re changing the game, visit www.ibx.com. Connect with us on Facebook at ibx.com/facebook and on Twitter at @ibx. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.