Independence Blue Cross to participate in Aon Hewitt's private health exchange
Multiple national employers to offer IBC coverage to employees through exchange
Philadelphia, PA - September 18, 2013 - Independence Blue Cross (IBC), the region’s leading health insurer, today announces its participation in Aon Hewitt’s private health exchange. The Aon Hewitt Corporate Health Exchange will offer health benefits to 18 large organizations throughout the United States, including multiple employers headquartered in the Philadelphia region representing a range of industries.
“This is an exciting time of transformation in health care, and with IBC’s strong track record of innovative capabilities, we are pleased to join Aon Hewitt in serving large, multi-site national employers on this carefully planned, well designed exchange,” said Linda M. Taylor, IBC senior vice president and chief sales executive. “It’s all part of our commitment to exceed our customers’ expectations by offering market-leading solutions — demonstrating the power of the Blue brand.”
Through Aon Hewitt’s private health exchange, regionally-based participating companies and their employees will have access to IBC’s high quality health insurance options and an easy online shopping experience that is similar to shopping on an online travel or retail site. In addition, this model can help large employers manage budgets and simplify administration, while empowering employees to make health care choices based on their individual needs.
“IBC is excited to be an early adopter of the private exchange model, which allows employees to play a key role in their personal health care decisions through a new and unique shopping experience,” said Peter Panageas, IBC vice president of Sales. “Our goal is to provide insurance options in the way that works best for our customers and their employees. It’s all about delivering choice and the best experience possible.”
On the Aon Hewitt Corporate Health Exchange, IBC will offer its competitive health plan options in metallic levels, similar to what consumers will find on the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace. Employees on the private exchange will also have access to additional IBC services and tools, such as:
- Wellness with Reimbursements — $150 back to eligible members on gym memberships and weight loss and tobacco cessation value added programs that provide motivation to get and stay healthy.
- Blue365® — Eligible for certain discounts and savings for making healthy decisions.
- Prescription Drug Program — Convenience and quality for easy management of prescription drug needs including mail order.
- Blue Distinction Centers® — Facilities recognized for their expertise and efficiency in delivering specialty care.
- Urgent Care — Care for sudden illnesses or injury that requires immediate medical attention without the cost of an emergency room visit.
- IBX Mobile App — Access to benefit information and find a doctor tools while on the go.
- ibxpress.com — Online tools that help track and manage personal health information.
About Independence Blue Cross
Proudly celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2013, Independence Blue Cross is the leading health insurer in southeastern Pennsylvania. With our affiliates, we serve more than 7 million people nationwide, including 2.2 million in the region. We are enhancing the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve by delivering innovative and competitively priced health care products and services; pioneering new ways to reward doctors, hospitals, and other health care professionals for coordinated, quality care; and supporting programs and events that promote wellness. To learn more about how we’re changing the game, visit www.ibx.com. Connect with us on Facebook at ibx.com/facebook and on Twitter at @ibx. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.