Stay Fit with the IBX Healthy Steps Activity Guide
"Like" the Independence Blue Cross Facebook page for year-round fitness tips
Philadelphia, PA - February 24, 2012 - Independence Blue Cross announces the introduction of a new social media effort aimed at members and online fans who want to maintain good health, even when the weather doesn't cooperate.
The IBX Healthy Steps Activity Guide — a free resource found on the IBX Healthy Steps webpage and on the IBX Facebook page — includes ideas for outdoor fitness, diet and fitness tips, and exclusive deals on physical fun for every member of the family.
For example, a new deal is available every two weeks for Facebook fans who "like" IBX's page. Exciting discounts and giveaways are offered from local gyms and favorite Philadelphia-area businesses like Brazen Boxing, Studio 1831, Sculpere, Philly Circus, and CrossFit.
In addition to these exclusive deals, the guide offers maps of nearly 50 fun and convenient workout spots throughout the Greater Philadelphia area so you can stay active and maintain good health year-round.
"We know that a consistent exercise routine can do wonders for an individual's mood, sleep patterns, weight, and ability to sustain positive energy levels," said Dr. Salina Graves, IBC medical director. "The secret is to continue an active lifestyle all year long. The IBX Activity Guide provides a forum for like-minded individuals to share healthy steps that work and to learn about new eating plans and exercise routines."
Get out, get fit, and get moving with Independence Blue Cross
Adults and kids of all ages can stay on track and beat the winter doldrums thanks to the Healthy Steps Activity Guide and the many IBX programs, partnerships, and mobile apps, including:
- IBC Go Figure! Skating App for iPhones helps ice skaters track the amount of time spent on the ice and calories burned while offering tips and instruction on skating tricks;
- Blue Cross RiverRink promotion allows IBC Facebook fans to print a special buy-one-get-one coupon that entitles the holder to a free admission ticket the next time they visit the Blue Cross RiverRink through March 4;
- Healthy LifestylesSM programs provide members with referral-free nutritional counseling and reimbursements for going to the gym, lowering weight, and making other healthy choices;
- IBX Healthy Steps Pedometer App for iPhones and Android phones provides a free resource for tracking the distance, length, and speed of workouts in order to help users reach health goals;
- 2012 Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10-miler takes place on Sunday, May 6. This year's registration sold out in record time. Independence Blue Cross also promotes wellness in the community through its continued sponsorship of National Walk @ Lunch Day on April 25, 2012, and Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes on October 6, 2012.
About Independence Blue Cross
Independence Blue Cross is a leading health insurer in southeastern Pennsylvania. Nationwide, Independence Blue Cross and its affiliates provide coverage to nearly 3.1 million people. For 74 years, Independence Blue Cross has offered high-quality health care coverage tailored to meet the changing needs of members, employers, and health care professionals. Independence Blue Cross's HMO and PPO health care plans have consistently received the highest ratings from the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Visit us at ibx.com. Fan us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter @ibx.