IBC launches redesigned website for Medicare beneficiaries
Site offers larger type for easier reading, simpler instructions, and improved usability
Philadelphia, PA - October 20, 2010 - Bigger, easier, and faster. That describes ibxmedicare.com, Independence Blue Cross's (IBC) redesigned website for people seeking information about Medicare plans. Launched in time for the 2011 annual enrollment period, IBC's site is built to be more user friendly with larger type, simplified instructions, and improved navigation features.
Previously known as site65.com, the site includes an easy way to search and compare health plans by zip code, comprehensive prescription drug information, as well as quick enrollment.
The site also features these important resources:
- Personal health manager: Through www.ibxpress.com, in partnership with WebMD, members can mange their health needs conveniently and safely. Members can see benefits information, review pending claims, and order new ID cards and prescription drugs by mail.
- Healthy lifestyles: information about IBC's fitness, weight management, and smoking cessation programs, alternative health discounts. Member can also access information about personal health coaches to help them better coordinate their care and manage chronic illnesses.
- Provider directory: IBC members have access to a network with more than 55,000 doctors and 100 hospitals, including the area's premier teaching hospitals.
- Prescription drug information: Compare generics with brand name medications and get full details on IBC's drug Formulary.
- Medicare tutorial: Comprehensive information for new Medicare beneficiaries.
"Choosing a health plan is one of the most important decisions anyone can make, so we redesigned our site to make that process as uncomplicated as possible," said Steve Fera, vice president, Government Business at Independence Blue Cross. "From now until the end of the year is a good time for Medicare beneficiaries to give themselves a health insurance 'check-up.' By taking a few minutes to visit our site and compare plans, anyone shopping for a Medicare plan can get the information they'll need to find an option that works best for them."
Medicare beneficiaries can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan from November 15 through December 31. Medicare supplement and Part D-only prescription drug plans are also available through IBC.
About Independence Blue Cross
Independence Blue Cross is a leading health insurer in southeastern Pennsylvania. Nationwide, Independence Blue Cross and its affiliates provide coverage to nearly 3.3 million people. For more than 70 years, Independence Blue Cross has offered high-quality health care coverage tailored to meet the changing needs of members, employers, and health care professionals. Independence Blue Cross's HMO and PPO health care plans have consistently received the highest ratings from the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Independence Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.