- Company Info
- Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- Business Issues
- Corporate Culture & Diversity
- Connect with Us
- Social Mission
Supplier Diversity Requirements
To be eligible to participate in Independence Blue Cross’s Supplier Diversity Program, a company must be certified as at least one of the following:
- Women-owned business — a company that is at least 51 percent owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women or, in the case of a publicly owned business, at least 51 percent of stock owned by one or more women
- Minority-Owned-Business — a company that is at least 51 percent owned, managed, and controlled by one or more minority persons or, in the case of a publicly owned business, at least 51 percent of stock owned by one or more minority persons
To ensure that a firm is a bona fide minority- or women-owned business, vendors must provide us with certification from one of the following agencies:
- NMSDC — National Minority Supplier Development Council
- WBENC — Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- OTHER — Certifications from additional city, state, or federal agencies may also apply.
If your company meets one or more of the above requirements, and you are interested in working with Independence Blue Cross, we invite you to apply online.