BlueCard® PPO Medical Plan
The BlueCard Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) medical plan gives you the freedom to select in-network or out-of-network health care providers to administer covered health care services.
- Philadelphia Region¹: In the Philadelphia Region, the PPO medical plan is known as Personal Choice PPO. The Personal Choice plan offers a network of quality doctors and hospitals known as the Personal Choice Provider Network.
- Nationwide: Outside the Philadelphia region, the PPO medical plan is known as BlueCard PPO. The BlueCard plan offers a network of quality doctors and hospitals known as the BlueCard Provider Network.
PPO Plan Features
- freedom to seek care in-network or out-of-network;
- no need to select a primary care physician to coordinate your care;
- visit specialists directly — no referrals are required;
- no claim forms to submit when using an in-network provider;
- no balance bills when using an in-nework provider;
- wellness programs, including fitness reimbursement and discounts on alternative health care services, at no additional cost;
- enhanced programs to control and manage chronic conditions;
- preventive care for children and adults;
- enjoy in-network coverage anywhere in the United States when you use providers that participate in the Personal Choice or BlueCard PPO networks;
- worldwide coverage and recognition of the Blue Cross® symbol.
Medical Plan Benefits
Two BlueCard PPO plans are available to CDI employees:
To contact a service representative, call 1-800-ASK-BLUE.
¹In Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. In New Jersey: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Hunterdon, Mercer, Salem, and Warren counties. In Delaware: New Castle county.
Important information about links to other sites