- Product Overview
- Eligibility Requirements
- Preexisting Exclusion
- How to Help Your Customers Apply
- Rating and Underwriting
- ROAM Technical Guide
- Broker Administration
- Frequently Asked Questions
Application Status How to help your customers apply
You can track the progress of an application through the underwriting process by using ROAM. Below is a listing of the various application statuses.
- Application started: Consumer has started an application but has not completed and submitted it.
- Application received: Application received in Medical Underwriting Department.
- Underwriting ready: Application has been submitted.
- In Underwriting: Application is under review by the underwriter.
- Approved for issue: Approved for coverage at a standard medical risk. Applicants will see the status of “Approved for issue” when they log in to their account and will be automatically enrolled but not required to accept coverage.
- Approved: Approval given at a standard rate, but formal acceptance of the offer is required before the case will be released to enrollment.
- Modified approval: Approved at a substandard premium rate, approved with one or more family members declined, or approved with one or more family members declined and rated. Applicants with a “Modified approval” status are required to accept coverage before they are enrolled.
- Declined: The application has been declined. Applicants will not see this status. They will see a status of “Closed” so that they do not receive a rejection online but will instead receive a formal notification by letter. They may be declined for medical or eligibility reasons or for nonreceipt of underwriting requirements.
- Withdrawn: Applicant has withdrawn his or her application.
- Closed: Status appears for nonreceipt of underwriting requirements.
- Application expired: Applicant started an application but did not complete and submit it within 30 days of the application start date.
- Offer expired: : Applicant failed to accept an approval offer within 30 days.
- Offer rejected: Applicant has rejected health care coverage offer.
- Application returned: Application is returned to the applicant for failure to complete all required information.
- Accepted: Applicant has accepted health care coverage offer.
- Appealed: Applicant has appealed declination or substandard rating.
- Approved after appeal or Modified approval after appeal: Coverage offered to applicant after successful appeal. Reconsideration may be at either a standard or substandard rate.
- Release to enrollment: Customer will be enrolled.
Online applicants can track the progress of their application at any time by logging into www.ibx4you.com/login and viewing their account. They will also receive notice of requirements for additional information and of missing or incomplete information via email or letter. Applicants applying for coverage using a paper application will be informed of the status of their application by letter.